Re: SCSI errors while playing music and doing a tape backup

From: Stephen Landamore (stephenl@arcam.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 10:42:11 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
>> I suspect libsvga is doing some bad magic (though why on earth it
>> would mess with my SCSI subsystem is quite beyond me). I think I need
>> to configure libsvga, but I'm not sure how (/etc/vgalib?) or else I
>> need to recompile libsvga with some debug info enabled...
>
> It is libsvga. Use X instead

Personally I prefer libsvga, I don't find Doom very playable under
X (the traditional doom keys - Ctrl, Alt, Shift, cursor <>^v get in
the way of my window manager. Plus the mouse gets in the way)

But more fundamentally, surely if libsvga is broken, it should be
fixed? I shall try to fix this over the next few days...

regards,
stephen