[q] what is TASK_SWAPPING for?

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 08:46:21 EST

Hi guys,

Eons ago I observed that a task can never be put to TASK_SWAPPING state
under Linux and produced this patch:

   http://www.ocston.org/~tigran/patches/tswap-2.3.35.patch

which Linus did not accept. Therefore, instead of assertion - I ask a
question - why is TASK_SWAPPING still needed?

I will redo the patch for the latest kernel and re-send to Linus if
everyone agrees that TASK_SWAPPING is indeed obsolete.

Regards,
------
Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran