Re: lowlatency-2.2.14-B1 crashes during disk I/O, Oopses

From: William Montgomery (william@opinicus.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 16:45:02 EST

I was able to duplicate the crash Benno reported. My previous tests
apparently did not stress the system in the same manner. I used Benno's
rtc_latency test since I dont have a sound card in my test system.
The kernel Oops happens during the disk I/O tests, although I wasnt
lucky enough to get a log of the info.

I also tried this on 2.2.13 and was able to run rtc_latency successfully
one time. The next run had similar Oops.

I have not yet tried lowlatency-2.2.13-A1 with Benno's tests, this
could help point to the problem.

Wm