Re: 2.2.14 kernel -- problems with NFS (and tcp?)

From: Paul (set@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 18:46:30 EST

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Chris McClellen wrote:

@>
@>
@>Couple of different problems to put forth here. First is NFS.
@>
@>Details of machine:
@>RH6.1, 2.2.14 kernel, SMP -- 2xp3 500's, 256mb, nfsd as module,
@>autofs as module. Megaraid and adaptec scsi. eepro100.
@>

[...]

@>Problem #2)
@>
@>Complete and utter hang with no warnings or text. When its hung -- its hung. If the vga console
@>is "blanked", there is no comming back -- so in most circumstances I can't see if anything
@>was written to the console -- there is definitly nothing in syslog. But even when it hangs I see
@>no output indicating there was a problem.
@>

        Using 2.2.14 UP w/userspace nfs, I had it hang like this twice when mounting
a cfs encrypted dir within the first day after installing the nfs stuff. (Id
been using cfs for years and years with no problems previously) I upgraded to
2.2.15pre4/5/6 and havent had it hang since. When it hung, it was like you
describe, ctl-alt-del didnt even work, though the machine did respond to
pings...
        For what its worth...

Paul