[OT] Our 'friend' Jeff V. Merkey

From: Gregory Maxwell (greg@linuxpower.cx)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 22:28:14 EST

I'd like to start by apologizing for this offtopic post.
As we all know Mr. Merkey has plaged this list for some time with his
ocassional rude and irrational outbursts against various Linux users,
developers, and orgs.

I usually take advantage of these outburts to poke fun at the overactive
rage and ego of Mr. Merkey both publicly and privately. I've found that
such messages ease both myself and others from the undue stress caused by
his lack of professionalism and emotional control.

In the below forward private thread, Mr. Merkey appears to threaten me
with bodily hard, and I respond with an attempt at humor and a URL to the
automatic insult generator http://anything.really.fuckingsucks.net/

Obviously, Mr. Merkey didn't 'get it' which would not be supprising to
anyone who has followed his current or past exploits here.

He then proceedes to threathen me with legal action. I find this kind of
behavior extreamly distructive to the freedom of expression on this list.

So, I've decided to forward the thread (unedited) to the list, partially
in an attempt to cover my butt, but mostly to give the rest of you a good
laugh.