Re: problem with RedHat 6.1

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 09:08:24 EST

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I probing to install RedHat 6.1 on a NCR 3437 server and in tahe moment
> > of booting (disc contains boot.img) kernel stoping in the point:
>
> Red Hat and I think pretty much every distribution doesn;t ship with an MCA
> bus aware kernel.

Debian does, at least Slink. I haven't tried the Potato boot-disks yet;
mainly because I've already installed the machine once and for all...

> > Micro Channel Refresh
> > Enabled
> > Fairness/Par. Bus Device(SLOT 1)
> > Enabled
>
> You need a custom kernel built to include CONFIG_MCA, then things should work
> fine, and we support a fair amout of MCA bus hardware

Yup. Just hope that your SCSI-controller is supported...

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </