Linux vs. Broken PCI BIOS

From: Eric Seppanen (eds@reric.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 11:43:08 EST

I'm using Linux 2.2 on an x86 embedded system with a rather broken PCI
BIOS. I've been limping along for about a year with its shortcomings, but
I've just discovered that my BIOS has no ability to configure PCI bridges
and secondary buses, and I'm starting to think that perhaps my best bet
would be to patch the kernel to redo the PCI configuration (address
assignments, etc.) as necessary.

Has anybody done this before? I'm lazy and I'll borrow code if it exists.

Eric Seppanen
eds@reric.net