Re: Does anybody try to compile the 2.3 kernels at all ? :((

From: Sergey Kubushin (ksi@ksi-linux.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 14:35:50 EST

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Have somebody gained something removing two members from two structures?
> > It's only 12 bytes per card. Did those members complicate life for somebody?
> > Is it worth all the pain somebody will have forcing the drivers that did
> > break to compile? Does some reason which justify such a change exist?
>
> Do you have a synchronous link with IPX over X.25 to verify that putting
> those fields back into the new driver is all you need to make it work.

No, I don't. I don't even have the wanpipe card. But can you explain what
have been gained when these fields got removed ? Someone with such a card
could test it before. No matter hardly someone does, but it could. And one
could use the card with something less esoteric. Now the driver is broken
and the card can't be used at all. Not only for IPX over X.25. What is the
goal ? What has this been done for ?