kernel freeze with 2.2.15pre[56] and framebuffer

From: Keith Duthie (psycho@albatross.co.nz)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 19:38:06 EST

Hi, I keep getting a complete freeze up of my box when I exitemu in dosemu
when I'm using the framebuffer. I've tested this with 2.2.15pre5 and pre6.

I'm using the following third party patches and modules:
alsa 0.5.2, lm_sensors 2.4.4, agpgart, freeswan 1.2

I'm also using gcc 2.95.2, and binutils 2.9.5.0.22 . The freeze only seems
to happen when I've got the framebuffer enabled. [this is either the
vesafb or the matroxfb - both are compiled in, and there is no video
append in /etc/lilo.conf]

The freeze is definitely complete, as mp3s playing in other vts cease, and
SysRq doesn't work; the freeze is almost certainly triggered by other
things, but the exitemu was the easiest.

--
Understanding is a three edged sword. Do you *want* to get the point?
     http://www.albatross.co.nz/~psycho/     O-      -><-