Re: Standards of Conduct

From: Karen Shaeffer (shaeffer@best.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 06:16:24 EST

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 11:24:42AM +0200, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Karen Shaeffer wrote:
> >
> > I would urge those controlling this list to take responsibility and put all
> > list subscribers on notice that certain behaviors can no longer be
> > tolerated. It is clearly in the best interest of Linux as we move forward.
>
> -Standard of Conduct
> -Polical Correctness
> -Orwell 1984
> Apparently narrowminded bigot trying to push her morals to everybody.
>
> --
> Lauri Tischler, Network Admin
---end quoted text---

Thank you for your comment.

Actually, I'm not a bigot and accept people for who they are. I've also
learned in life that running around insulting people never leads to positive
outcomes. The main intent of my post was concerned with treating others with
civility.

I've received a significant number of positive and thoughtful private emails
due to my original post. In retrospect, I should not have spoken my mind on
this matter. Each individual can draw their own conclusions about the
conduct of others and are free to /dev/null them or filter their mail or
just ignore them. Enough said, I won't be discussing this matter on this
list in the future.

If you're interested in my "morals", I would suggest you read

Albert Einstein; The World as I See It; ISBN 0-805-0711-X

The ideas found in there seem to resonate reasonably well with my view of
life.

Karen

--
----