Re: undefined's in 2.3.43...

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 15:39:48 EST

> Yes, in pre-7, Dave Miller cleaned up some of the networking code and some
> of the resulting changes (to the better) broke many drivers. Look for his
> recent post on The List, I think it was Wednesday. It says what to change
> to get most drivers working again.
>
> This has been a topic of complaint on the list the past day or two, as a
> lot of people can't get kernels compiled. :)

Once I saw his post (I missed it in my email, but I have the link to the
post on one of the archives) and started changing drivers that I used. I
haven't worked on the pcmcia/cardbus ones yet, but the smc cards and dmfe I
did modify. smc-ultra I have (8016) is working.

Unless asked, I'm not releasing a patch to what I did (It's probably wrong,
a few 'error' checks were bypassed in a driver or 2)