HD trouble... HELP!

From: Henrik Östman (kth9079@hgo.se)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 08:08:05 EST

Hi!
I know i should'nt bug you with this sort of things, but no one else seams to
be able to help me....

So on with the problem:

For just some days ago I was trying to clone my primary HD to my secondery HD
with help of my favorite DOS program: Norton Ghost...
I use that program alot, I'm a netadmin, but this time I made some wrong turns
and ended up with an trashed HD =(
I accedently mirrored the wrong HD and overwrite my third HD containing Slack
7.0! I managed to stop the cloning after 3%, but the beginning of my HD, the
partitiontable and MBR, is now gone.... =(

I had alot of important stuff on that HD(files I have collected for years!),
that I don´t want to lose!!!

Since YOU are a EXT2 developer, I tought maybe you know of any program
or utility that can rawscan the HD for files then rebuild the partitiontable...
I have heard rumours that you could be able to read the superblocks stored
every 8192 blocks with the command "dd". But I don´t know HOW, maybe YOU could
help me?

If you just manage to restore a few of my files, I would still be very happy!

If you like I could send you some info about the HD... (Please just send me an
answer!)

Thanks,

// Henrik