Problems with USB from late 2.3.x kernels and BP6 in MPS 1.4 mode

From: Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 17:03:15 EST

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:02:53 -0800

Hi,

The linux-usb project has had 2-3 reports of USB
not working on SMP systems if they are in MPS 1.4
mode (BIOS SETUP option). The latest report was
2000-Feb-4.

After being changed to MPS 1.1 mode, USB works as expected.

Does anyone here have any ideas about why this is
happening and what we can do about it?

Thanks,
Randy