Re: Hardware Monitor

From: Martin Bene (mb@sime.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 05:59:22 EST

At 03:14 12.02.00 +0000, Art Boulatov wrote:
>Hi,
>I have ASUS P3B-F motherboard with ASUS ASIC hardware monitor,
>I was trying to find info about that "ASIC", but did not succeed.
>
>The question is - can I have control of the temperatures&volts on Linux
>with this motherboard?
>I'm aware of lm_sensors module, but I don't think it supports ASIC.
>Or could you just point me where I can find info on that topic.

Same motherboard here - The current release of lm-sensors DOES support the
Asus chip, although not perfectly. See http://www2.www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/

Voltages + Motherboard temperature are OK; displayed fan rpm seems to be
1/3 too high, CPU temperature also is seems off by some weird factor
(displayed value too low); if you fiddle a bit with the allowed value
ranges you still get decent warning if something goes wrong.

Bye, Martin
"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"
 Martin Bene vox: +43-316-813824
 simon media fax: +43-316-813824-6
 Andreas-Hofer-Platz 9 e-mail: mb@sime.com
 8010 Graz, Austria