Re: Consistent PCI - API change needed

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 04:18:18 EST

Jakub Jelinek writes:
> Sorry, it should go. It was in the original driver before dynamic DMA was
> put it, and as i386 pci_alloc_consistent used kmalloc at the time I was
> hacking it, I kept it in. When Linus later asked for pci_alloc_consistent to
> use gfp, I forgot about it.
> The Documentation/DMA-mapping.txt is right on it, pci_alloc_consistent has
> to ensure at least PAGE_SIZE alignment.

That was exactly what I was going to say next, and the patch was similar
to what I was going to propose (hence the API change bit of the subject).
I thought I ought to ask first, request later. ;)
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\