Re: 2.3.43 alpha broken with >2g of ram

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 12:50:23 EST

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, David S. Miller wrote:

>I am trying to tell you that, especially since you aparently have

You didn't told me where I am wrong.

I'll rephrase in another way: why do you want that updating a driver that
uses PCI-DMA is a bugfix for an alpha with >2g of RAM, while it could be
an improvement-work that could be done in background and that if missing
wouldn't impact stability of 2.4.0?

>About one of your other questions, on the Alpha systems which lack
>a dynamic PCI dma remapping facility, they are limited to 2GB or less
>of ram.

Thanks for the info.

Andrea