SMP, ext2, again: rm: cannot remove file: Input/output error

From: Elmer Joandi (elmer@ylenurme.ee)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 11:41:15 EST

It is still there, 2.3.39 and worse,

now my filesystem gets seriously screwed on unpacking of linux kernel
sources. multiple files that ls does not show but rmdir and bash
autocomplete
can see.

And it is repeatable now.
untar sources, multiple such errors, unmount,
fsck no errors, mount, rm, still errors
reboot, boot 2.2.13, no errors at mount,
can rm no problems.

SMP, ext2, dual celeron, not OC this time, tyan tiger 100 MB,
kernel 386 optimized this time, IBM-DJNA-370910

If ext2 maintainer refuses to ack the error, could I get then a
time-saving hint about how to test/prove it (if I have time left
from softnet conversions)

elmer.