More tests with dosemu patch-0.99.13.1.gz

From: David Lerner (dsl@zai.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 18:07:01 EST

Some additional tests with dosemu-0.99.13.1 reveal a problem with the
linux-2.2.14 kernel.

xdos crashes when run from my non-root account. A message is logged
indicating that dosemu was started setuid-0. The setuid bit can be
removed from the dox executable and xdos will not crash. However, there
is a message about being unable to write the lock file for ttyS0, and
there is no access to the ttyS1 (com 2) communications port. The log
message reflects the different uid when starting dosemu.

The problem is strange because if doe not happen with the linux-2.3.40
kernel. It was not a problem with version 0.99.13 and the linux-2.2.14
kernel.

The FAT and VFAT file systems still are largely broken with the
linux-2.3.44 kernel. I assume that this is a known problem that is being
worked.

Dave