Re: 2.3.43 PCI probing hang on docking station

From: jamal (hadi@cyberus.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 12:39:19 EST

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Martin Mares wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > My portable hangs when i dock it;
> > this happens during the PCI probing with 2.3.43. Is this a known problem?
> > This a dell pentium 2; the docking station has a built PCI interface
> > (with a video card and a network card)
>
> Please compile the kernel with #undef DEBUG turned to #define DEBUG
> in both drivers/pci/pci.c and arch/i386/kernel/pci-i386.h and send me
> all the last few bootup messages before it freezes.

I am typing this by looking at the frozen screen (2.3.45)

Scanning bus 00
Found 00:00 [8086/7192] 000600 00
Found 00:10 ..
Found 00:18 ..
Found 00:19 ..
Found 00:38 ..
Found 00:39 ..
PCI: IDE base address fixup for 00:07.1
Found 00:3a ..
Found 00:3b ..
Found 00:88 ..
Fixups for bus 00
PCI: Scanning for ghost devices on bus 0
Scanning Cardbus bridge 00:03.0
Scanning Cardbus bridge 00:03.1
Scanning behind PCI bridge 00:11.0

And then it hangs

let me know if you need other info or want me to put more
probes.

cheers,
jamal