char/Serial.c

From: Uncle George (gatgul@voicenet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 13:16:02 EST

Apparently my ttyS1 had an IRQ if 5 ( rather than the usual setting of
IRQ 3 ). It seems that the serial driver does not really detect the IRQ
settings at all . Without the proper IRQ settings, the port simply times
out, and does the next chunk of chars. Very slow, and chunks/fifo fills
are also not (always) in multiples of 16.

My IRQ settings for ttyS2 & ttyS3 are not what serial.c expects as 4 & 3
respectively ( i use 5 & 9 ), but the log in var/log/messages say thet
they were detected/set as 4 & 3.

This failure to detect the port IRQ's seems to be a boo boo. Do I get to
annoy the last serial.c maintainer ( if there is still one )

gat