Re: Does anybody try to compile the 2.3 kernels at all ? :((

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjan@fenrus.demon.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 14:44:44 EST

Hi Riley,

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0002141739490.9747-100000@moo.cus.org.uk> you wrote:
> > As I do recall, someone here did say that he does compile all
> > 2.2.xx kernels with all imaginable config combination with 100%
> > success rate...

> Not that I've seen. Someone stated that he compiles the kernels with
> all options that are supposed to work set to "Y", and somebody else
> stated that they do the equivalent modular compile, but I've seen
> nobody state that they try all possible combinations for every kernel.

I did compile a LOT (over 2000) of more or less random configurations for the
2.2.14 kernel. I also fixed all but 3 problems. Sergey Kubushin is just trying
to be an ass because he quotes me wrongly. I wrote on l-k that all _BUT THREE_
configurations were supposed to work. I even named all three of the problem
cases. Now, in the same thread, he puts the words in my mouth as if I said
that 100% would compile, and gives one of the exceptions I gave him as proof
that I am a liar.

That doesn't mean I like the hfmodem-bug (or the other two bugs), it just
means that the right fix just isn't found yet. Before I take Sergey serious
again, I expect him to send Alan a decent fix for the hfmodem problem....

Greetings,
   Arjan van de Ven