Re: Scheduled Transfer Protocol on Linux

From: David Lang (dlang@diginsite.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 22:45:16 EST

take a look at the enbeded systems board prices, they include everything
under the sun and are far mor expensive and capible then this type of
project needs.

i saw something (I think it was on ace's hardware site) over the weekend
indicating there was a new chipset for gigE running ~$100 ea, combine that
with a crusoe cpu (~$50) and some ram (say 16M for $30) you won't meet the
+$100 that larry is wanting, but you could probably get +$250 for a box
that would be a very adaquate webserver or fileserver, forget building
huge central fileserver, have a bunch of tiny network fileservers with a
way for the client to pass the connection off to another server (symlink
equivalent) how many of these could you get working on the budget of a
reasonable dual/quad server for a medium office (these machines run
$15-20K to start)

David Lang