Re: ISSUE: Unable to handle kernel paging... Kernel 2.2.14 on COMPAQ with 24Mb

From: Frank Krauss (fmfkrauss@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 16:15:27 EST

Thank you for responding to my Post so quickly.

Conserning your two suggestions.

1. The Memory Hole, which I have heard of.
     I have been in contact with a Lawrence Chan at lchan@jump.net who has a
     very similar System to mine, though with much more RAM, and it appears
     that my BIOS setup is correct.
2. The possibility of Faulty RAM.
     I purchased the RAM from a Company, P.C. Service Source, which has a
     Business relationship with COMPAQ, to supply them with compatable parts.
     The new Storage was checked using a Hardware Diagnostic program supplied
     by COMPAQ.
     At Boot time, I see the message 24576 KB OK

I therefore think that the problem is somewhere deeper in the System.

Thank you again for your ideas on solving this problem.

Yours truly,

Frank Krauss
fmfkrauss@mindspring.com