Re: DSL Modem?

From: Justin C. Darby (windex@busprod.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 00:43:13 EST

As in the case of the Intel card, thats what it does, I've done
(very) little peeking into how it works, and I'm not even going to attempt
to reverse engeneer it untill all these nice lawsuits over DeCSS end,
that makes it not worth my time untill I see how those turn out.
Honestly, Intel's lack of response in this matter has caused me to just
abandon the DSL idea, and shortly I will be switching to a real network
interface, like a DS1, because this is a flat out joke that they would be
this uptight (proably a better series of words I could use here...) about
a peice of hardware _I_ own and that is in _my_ PC. I've waited a few
weeks for any kind of reply, and have gotten nothing except "All Intel has
commited to doing is considering contacting you."... That's not
acceptiable to me, nor should that be a standard of communication about
these kind of details, and in the real world, that really is, to put it
simply, lame.

Justin C. Darby