RE: Kernel developers

From: Mathias Waack (mathias@atoll-net.de)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 03:06:44 EST

Hi all,

On 17-Feb-00 Brian Parris wrote:
> developments emerge on this list, you guys are doing a great job. I'm
> amazed at how quickly bugs get taken care of and how much work gets
> accomplished here and i hope to join you someday in hacking the linux
> kernel, you all have been a great inspiration to me to keep on
> learning. Even though I'm not able to contribute yet, reading this
> list makes me feel like a part of the community. Keep up the great work!

Yes, you're right, they're writing good code. But the most important
part of the job of a good programmer is writing a good documentation
for other people. This job is disregarded by most of the kernel programmers.
Its very hard to find actual and good documentation. Look at the KDE
project, they do a better job.

I hope the people on this list won't kill me now;)
They are still a standard for me, I afraid I'll never become as good as
they are. But they are not as perfect as you said.

Mathias