RE: Of removable devices

From: Butter, Frank (Frank.Butter@otto.de)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 05:51:47 EST

        this sounds very like it works on amiga systems: floppies are
mounted
        with their given "name" and they stay mounted and "accessible"
regardless
        they are ejected.
        e.g. a "cd" to a directory on the floppy would cause the system to
bring
        up a message like "plz insert disk xxx:".
        in old days, without any harddisk, one usually worked as a
diskjockey on
        the request of the system.
        at that time it was sometimes terrible but the only way, because
even
        the main part of os was on one of the floppies. benefit:
accidentally ejecting
        a floppy didn't necessarily destroy it unless you ignore the system
messages.

        frank