Re: Kudos to Richard (was Re: Scheduled Transfer Protocol on Linux)

From: Karen Shaeffer (shaeffer@best.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 13:38:05 EST

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 08:45:01AM +1100, Richard Gooch wrote:
> It should be fairly clear from my original message. The executive
> summary:
>
> She's conducted a pointless argument (it turns out she's done pretty
> much the same thing as Larry suggested, yet she came out ridiculing
> the idea at the start). And she's cast aspersions on people's
> knowledge, competence and maturity (the "ego" comment). So her conduct
> in this debate has been inappropriate in this public forum.
>
> Her PC manifesto is a separate issue, although it is
> hypocritical^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hironic given her subsequent
> conduct. It does take the wind out of the sails of her PC manifesto.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard....
---end quoted text---

Ok, I looked in the mirror and am only human. I accept your criticism
without objection. And no hard feelings.

Let me apologize to both Larry and the list. I can and should do better.

Oh, and it's quite alright for list members to get a laugh at my expense. I
encourage it. Humor cuts both ways.

Karen

--
----