Re: freeing a static after one use only?

From: Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 18:50:29 EST

"A month of sundays ago Tim Magill wrote:"
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 11:54:46PM +0100, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
> > use it once and then throw it away
> >
> Would it be possible to define the static data in its own loadable
> module, that your driver could insmod and then rmmod?

It's been suggested. I gave it a try just now, but got oopses.
Possibly address space and/or unwanted optimization issues.

And how do I load one module from another, then unload it?

I settled for making the data module depend on the function module, but
not vice versa. I then loaded the data module, which forced the
function module to load first. The data module did its thing, and I
would have unloaded it next, but it oopsed ...

Peter