Re: 2.3.46 Boot Failure

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 10:41:45 EST

   Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:50:27 +0100 (CET)
   From: Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de>

   It just works fine here on dp264/tsunami platform (21264 cpu) SMP and less
   than 2giga of ram. If other chips have problems with such driver I really
   don't know but I just want to say that it's not badly broken but it's very
   rock solid on my alpha instead.

Because the sym/ncr drivers in the standard kernel are still using
virt_to_bus and friends. This is why it works perfectly fine for you,
none of the PCI IOMMU support code on Alpha is being tested on your
system, except perhaps by converted PCI networking drivers which are
all in the tree.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com