Boot Problems/2.3.46

From: Chris Sorisio (macros@twd.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 14:05:10 EST

Is anyone else experiencing failures booting 2.3.46 or higher? I
currently receive an NMI alert about a lockup on CPU #0. I'll try to
capture the entire error message if that would help. The error occurs
just after probing the IDE bus but before initializing the RTC.

2.3.44, with the same configuration and options, boots fine on my system.

My system is based on a BP-6 motherboard with two 400 Mhz Celeron CPUs,
not overclocked. Other hardware:

Matrox G400
SB ES1371
Adaptec 2940 UW2
Netgear FA310TX

Please cc any replies to my e-mail address, as I'm not subscribed to the
list.

cs
macros@twd.net