Re: TCP stuck (RH 2.2.12-20 <-> 2.2.13)

From: Gregory Maxwell (greg@linuxpower.cx)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 15:06:10 EST

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I left my stuck connexion overnight, and it came back to life almost exactly
> two hours after I last sent it data from my end.

I've seen a simmlar thing:

Connections stall for hours+ if SACK and timestamps are enabled, disabling
them solves the problem. This happens between Linux hosts and random hosts
out on the internet (even ones that are running stock linux kernels).

I thought it was the stupid checkpoint firewall-1 on my end munging it,
but I havn't had a chance to check it occures from outside the firewall.