Re: alpha update for 2.3.47-6

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 13:56:00 EST

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Richard Henderson wrote:

>For rawhide see ftp://ftp.twiddle.net/pub/rth/rawhide.pdf. For

Many thanks for the pointer.

>sable, I have no docs -- you might see if you can get them from
>Jay Estabrook.

Thanks for the infos.

>Rawhide can most definitely do smp irq handling properly. I just
>didn't want to confuse the issue, not being able to test that one.

Ok.

>> instead of its right location where I moved it in my last patches to make
>> the irq code architectural clean?
>
>MY point is that <asm/hw_irq.h> is _NOT_ architecturally clean.
>It provides _NOTHING_ needed by generic parts of the kernel.

Just to make an example hw_resend_irq will be certainly need by the
generic part of the kernel. Having a way to cleanly include architectural
code is good IMHO. Such file it's just like asm/pgtable.h.

If you want to put the very very alpha stuff in irq_impl.h that's not
wrong, but moving things like hw_resend_irq outside include/asm-alpha/ is
certainly wrong and that won't happen here.

Andrea