Re: Periodic RTC interrupt

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 15:10:32 EST

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 11:46:08AM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 08:28:55PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Hopefully RTC is going go be useable as a _module_ in the near future,
> > isn't it?
>
> Not for interrrupts.

This may do PIT;)

> Of course, that will fail on RUFFIAN, which doesn't have
> its RTC connected to anything, and has to rely on the PIT
> for timer interrupts. But it's the oddball.

Not long ago one could build a running kernel for Alpha w/o RTC support.
For me, RTC is not important at all *except* to configure the hwclock by
hwclock 'cause it faily badly w/o RTC module loaded;(

Well, the actual changes for the Alpha platform show me the some new way:
compile RTC _in_ or don't compile it at all. Is that right? Of course I can
do so, but since "older" kernel were fine with RTC being only a module I
really wonder about that (a bit...) (because I like modules very much;).

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
keyID=0x8399E1BB fingerprint=250D 3BCF 7127 0D8C A444 A961 1DBD 5E75 8399 E1BB