Re: Bridging, and where to get BRCFG?

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 23:26:40 EST

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, David Brower wrote:
>I'm trying to run bridging as per the mini-howto in a 2.2.13
>system. I seem unable to get the necessary BRCFG program,
>which once lived on ftp://shadow.cabi.net.

I was looking for the same thing a few weeks ago :-)

Finding it is one problem. Compiling it is another :-)

>With brcfg so, uh, awkward to get, should this be taken as
>a sign that bridging is not an interesting, kept-up-to-date
>feature?

I like the word "omen" <grin>

--Ricky

PS: Personally, what you (and me too) are trying to do is best defined as
    a switch. Putting a wavelan adapter and a 10M ethernet (or worse, 100M)
    in promisc mode could be a Very Bad Thing (tm). I was previously using
    weird proxy arp ethernet tricks, but that's just ugly.