Re: Rookie 2.3.x compile problems

From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen (rask@kampsax.k-net.dk)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 12:22:38 EST

Den 22-Feb-00 16:26:22 skrev William Waddington fĝlgende om "Rookie 2.3.x compile problems":

> I started w/vanilla RH6.1, did a compile of 2.2.12-20 to make sure I
> could do it. (OK) Then scrounged the software packages listed in
> Documentation/Changes - as needed. When I tried to rpm them in,
> there were so many tangled dependencies - and a loop - that I did a
> --force --nodeps install.

   Don't use --force. You'll just --break your system. Don't use --nodeps
either unless you know what you are doing. You do realise that you can pass
more than one package to rpm, don't you? Also RTFM about the --install,
--upgrade and --freshen options.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen | E-mail: mailto:rask@kampsax.k-net.dk |
| Registered Phase5 developer | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| A4000, 896 kkeys/s (RC5-64) | "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC |
| Without C people would code in Basi, Pasal and Obol. |