Re: accept() improvements for rt signals

From: Julian Anastasov (uli@linux.tu-varna.acad.bg)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:02:38 EST

        Hello,

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:38:45 +0200 (EET), Julian Anastasov
> <uli@linux.tu-varna.acad.bg> said:
>
> > Is there a known problem with O_NONBLOCK|O_ASYNC listening
> > sockets (2.2.15pre7 UP) ? I receive unexpected SIGIO after accept()
> > using such listening socket.
>
> I was able to reproduce this on sockets connected from localhost. Can
> you see if running the client and server on separate machines still
> causes the problem?
>
> --Stephen

        I can't see this problem when the client and the server are on
the same host. When the client and the server are on different hosts the
problem occurs once on each 10 seconds. But I still can't detect why this
happens. I will return with more info next time after some kernel
patching.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <uli@linux.tu-varna.acad.bg>