Re: [OT] util-linux-2.10g and Windows 2000

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 18:38:10 EST

Daniel,

I have tried RC3 and the final MSDN release of W2K with out of order
entries, and they seem to be OK with out of order FAT, NetWare, and
Extended partitions. I have seen some problems with HPFS partitions
that have logical drives assigned in them with the new Veritas on-disk
formats for W2K, but these seem to be bugs, not any incompatibility
issues, and were restricted to RC2 (there was also everal places they
were taking KeSpinLock then touching page pool -- nasty). There were
some problems with this on RC2 with the partition API, but our latest
seems to not have problems with this. I'll test some more tonight, and
if I see what you describe, I'll post it to the list.

Jeff