Re: Oops on 2.2.14 While Doing Direct I/O

From: V Ganesh (ganesh@veritas.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 03:44:31 EST

> I hope I am missing something here on the public APIs and this is just a
> Caldera problem. I am heading up there this afternoon to find out

you're missing something. probably you have a kernel compiled with
symbol versioning and module without, or something like that.

> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol register_filesystem

if this weren't exported, no filesystem could be a module.
kernel/ksyms.c and arch/i386/i386_ksyms.c contain a list of exported symbols.
cat /proc/ksyms also gives a list of exported symbols for the currently
running kernel.

ganesh