Re: Oops on 2.2.14 While Doing Direct I/O.

From: Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 04:58:31 EST

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> I've noticed that 2.3.X does NOT export the internal calls needed to
> load NWFS as a driver -- I must now compile it within the kernel.

Something is wrong with your kernel build.

I suspect that you have built your kernel but not your module with
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS.

> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol __generic_copy_from_user
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol schedule
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol blkdev_open
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol kmalloc
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol __wait_on_buffer
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol vfree
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol mark_buffer_uptodate
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol unregister_filesystem
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol iput
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol getblk
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol ll_rw_block
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol iget
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol register_filesystem
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol sync_dev
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol blk_size
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol sys_tz
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol del_timer
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol refile_buffer
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol kfree
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol vmalloc
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol tq_disk
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol set_blocksize
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol xtime
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol blkdev_release
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol sprintf
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol __brelse
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol jiffies
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol printk
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol add_timer
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol kernel_thread
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol set_writetime
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol get_blkfops
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol __generic_copy_to_user
> ./nwfs.o: unresolved symbol hardsect_size

With the exception of a couple of these which I don't recognise,
these should definitely all be exported.

You can't make a useful modular filesystem without importing
register_filesystem :-)

Matthew.