Re: A question for bleeding edge SMP BP6 owners

From: Tony Hoyle (tmh@magenta-logic.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 07:07:47 EST

Taso Hatzi wrote:

> I'm looking for positive indications from any BP6 owners
> running SMP kernels >= 2.3.41

I run 2.3.46 on a BP6, Dual 466. It works OK. However even with the latest (QQ) bios,
ACPI is useless (It doesn't support S5, so you can't power off, and S1 does little
more than blank the screen... I beleive this minimal support was added to allow
Win2000 to work. Also, acpid in debug mode reports a large number of errors parsing the config
data, which probably means it isn't truly ACPI compliant anyway...).

I have heard of people having problems with crashing, dma etc. If you get problems like that
boot with the noapic option.

Tony

--

"Now you too can enjoy having babies... start collecting today" (Recent advert)

tmh@magenta-logic.com