Re: A question for bleeding edge SMP BP6 owners

From: Richard Torkar (ds98rito@thn.htu.se)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 12:23:10 EST

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Taso Hatzi wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking for positive indications from any BP6 owners
> > running SMP kernels >= 2.3.41
> >
> I run 2.3.46 on a BP6, Dual 466. It works OK. However even with the latest (QQ) bios,
> ACPI is useless (It doesn't support S5, so you can't power off, and S1 does little
> more than blank the screen... I beleive this minimal support was added to allow
> Win2000 to work. Also, acpid in debug mode reports a large number of errors parsing the config
> data, which probably means it isn't truly ACPI compliant anyway...).
>
> I have heard of people having problems with crashing, dma etc. If you get problems like that
> boot with the noapic option.
>
> Tony
>
> --
>
> "Now you too can enjoy having babies... start collecting today" (Recent advert)
>
> tmh@magenta-logic.com
>
> -

I'v had the BP6 (QQ bios) now for a while. I have to say that I love it
:)

I had problems using the htp366 interface (udma66), my box crashed every
now and then.
But now I use the regular ide interface and it is rock stable :) (even
with 2.3.47 ;-)

/Richard

--

1024D/E09C3CD1 1999-10-28 Richard Torkar (LINUX) <ds98rito@thn.htu.se> Key fingerprint = EFCB 8ECD FA90 4B05 E1E9 8D40 12B6 CD63 E09C 3CD1