Minimizing disk usage for kernel development.

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 13:17:57 EST

I'm wondering what you all do to minimize the amount of disk
space it takes to be mucking with the kernel?

I've got a pristine 2.2.14 tree installed, as well as 3 copies of
it all slightly modified. Add to that 2.3.x and I'm almost out
of disk space.

Any suggestions as to how to minimize the space, considering a
lot of the files are dupes?

I was thinking of making my pristine tree's "immutable", and
hardlinking or symlinking the files in another dir, and then only
copying the changed files.

Would this work? Would I be able to build ok?

Any ideas and suggestions appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Suspicious Anagram #4: Word: PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA Anagram: TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS