Re: Socket migration

From: James Manning (jmm@computer.org)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 01:27:26 EST

[ Saturday, February 26, 2000 ] a9504915 wrote:
> Hi, is there any information / projects that are about linux socket migration
> (i.e. to migrate the socket to another machine as if the socket is created
> there)? where can I find them? has it been tried before? Thanks in advance!

The "migratable socket" is mentioned as an ongoing project of MOSIX at
http://www.mosix.cs.huji.ac.il/ but it's had that status for awhile,
so it's hard to say. Their list archive has a post asking about their
migratable socket status as of feb 20, but the archive is 4-5 days behind
reality and it doesn't appear at mail-archive.com yet.

James