Re: PROPOSAL: Documentation/sysrq.txt update

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 05:14:34 EST

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 devik@cdi.cz wrote:

>I just played with SysRq key and I can't made it work.
>Then I resolved that /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq has to be
>set to "1".
>I think this should be mentioned in Docs/sysrq.txt file.

I just sent in a patch for SYSRQ which allows it to be used, even
on broken keyboards. My patch updates the sysrq.txt file
documentation to indicate exactly what you just stated above
also.

My patch is attached, please try it out and let me know if you
have any trouble.

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
        - gives you normal operation
echo 2 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
        - allows broken keyboards to work that send make and
break simultaneously when the SYSRQ key is pressed down, and then
nothing when it is released.

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Suspicious Anagram #4: Word: PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA Anagram: TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS