Re: 2.3.48 compile problems: (ac97_codec.c)

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 12:03:12 EST

Frank de Lange wrote:

> Hi'all,
>
> As you may have noticed, ac97_codec.c fails to compile in 2.3.48 for lack of an
> #include "sound_config.h". Actually, al it needs is <linux/fs.h>,
> <linux/soundcard.h>, <asm/uaccess.h> and maybe some others, but since
> sound_config.h is there (and is used by most other drivers) this would seem to
> be the cleanest solution. Attached is a patch to fix this problem.

It is doesn't need sound_config.h, then it doesn't need sound_config.h.
:)

Your change is more simple, yes, but since sound_config.h is in
linux/drivers/sound not linux/include/linux, it is more of a private
header.

So, unless it is required by the module, IMNSHO you should not include
sound_config.h...

--
Jeff Garzik              | "Are you the police?"
Building 1024            |