Re: Odd NFS behaviour

From: Dave Mielke (dave@mielke.cc)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 16:13:59 EST

[quoted lines by Andrew Park on February 28, 2000, at 12:03]

>I get an odd NFS behaviour. Let's say I have my home directory mapped at
>/nfssrv/home, then I would see all my subdirectories under /nfssrv/home, but
>when I 'cd' into one of the sub-directories (i.e. /nfssrv/home/src) and do an
>'ls' it shows nothing.

I've seen that happen when the rsize option of the mount is low and the number
of files in the directory is large. Increasing rsize seems to fix the problem.

--
Dave Mielke           | 856 Grenon Avenue | I believe that the Bible is the
EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2B 6G3   | if you're concerned about Hell.