Re: Capabilities

From: Pavel Machek (pavel@suse.cz)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 15:05:53 EST

Hi!

> The POSIX model leads to the modification of all of our file
> systems, a lot of the user space utilities, and a BIG change in
> how system administrators perform system inspection. We've already
> hashed in the list the issues with find(1),tar(1),cpio(1) and other
> utilities, but I think that's just the tip of the iceberg.

No. You expand file that is

user.group
123.456 setgid

by tar. Right? But 456 happens to be root on your system, while it was
bind-low-port priviledge on system you got tarball from. You still
need to modify tar, sorry.

--
I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents me at discuss@linmodems.org