Re: How to survive in a Micro$oft environment??

From: John Kodis (kodis@gsfc.nasa.gov)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 14:13:40 EST

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 04:08:22PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> I disagree. Scanning a whole class C is fine. Just don't do it more than
> once or twice. And if that doesn't work, the scope may have to be
> expanded to /22 or even /20.

With the remote root compromise that is possible on machines running
anything but the latest version on bind, scanning an entire class C
range for DNS servers would be regarded with great suspicion by some
networks. Please don't do this. It looks too much like a
script-kiddy looking for potential targets.

--
John Kodis <kodis@acm.org>