Problem with SOCKETS 2.2.12-20

From: Peter Zaitsev (pz@spylog.ru)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 07:14:07 EST

I have a system running RedHat 6.1 linux with kernel 2.2.12-20 with glibc
2.1.2

The problem is the following: I have a threaded application it which several
threads (currently 5) simultaneosely doing a select on a socket list there
one of sockets is "accept" socket and other are read/write sockets. The
"accept" socket is the same for all threads there read/write sockets list
are different.
This system server about 2.000.000 of requests per day.
I have the following problem: sometimes while all the threads are doing
select I can't connect to the specified port. This problem resolves itself
in 10 minutes and everything becomes fine but this still a problem. During
this "stall" I see some requests are passed but about 1-3 per second instead
of 20-40.

Does anyone know there can I try to search for the problem.

This problems sounds as not my application related - I have this problem
with apache 1.3.9 before.