Re: Linux kernerl preemptive ??

From: Aneesh Kumar K.V (aneesh.kumar@digital.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 18:44:46 EST

Hai ,
            Can you suggest me some url which discuss all these things .
Actually i didn't get the point . You say kernel is not preemptive but it
can yield to other process when it is waiting for some resources . Well
then why it is not made preemptive . Is SMP used to multiprocessor machine
. Do it have anything to do with preemtion .

regards
aneesh